AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Explicit Language In Ad Running Across Youtube

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

filled out a report already but hopefully this will elevate it to your attention faster. A Youtuber has decided to run one of his videos as an ad which has explicit language from the start, including n words. I've had reports of it running on my own videos, other content creators' channels, and on things as basic as parents trying to watch videos of kittens with their young children. Whilst I'm not a saint on my swearing, I think you'll find this is entirely unacceptable as an ad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIbK6xel8O4 (warning NSFW)

Team Youtube have done absolutely nothing to even acknowledge this video exists and is a problem, so hopefully you can work with them to resolve this and reach a clearer level of communication where ads like this don't happen site wide. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these complaints seriously, and agree that this is not a good experience for YouTube users or creators.

I've gone ahead and submitted this for review through an internal escalation path. I will follow up with you here once I hear back from that team.

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April 2017

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Hannah,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these complaints seriously, and agree that this is not a good experience for YouTube users or creators.

I've gone ahead and submitted this for review through an internal escalation path. I will follow up with you here once I hear back from that team.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In a similar instance, my 7 yo daughter was watching YouTuber KuwaiiKunicorn and in between videos, an ad for "Buzzfeed Try Guys" came up. Entertaining enough, and was 10+ minutes long. I was surprised as the terms "mother fucker" "fucking" and "I can't get my dick out" were in the ad. The ad placed on Kuwaii Kunicorn, who plays games that young kids. 

How does that happen?