AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Discrepancy in Gender reporting in AdWords for video Remarketing

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a Video remarketing list fueled with users "Who have seen a video as an Ad" so the list does not contain organic/direct viewers of that video, only Ad viewers.

Now that Ad has been running for 2 weeks and gathering over 100.000 paid views and I have targeted it to Female gender , because it is a perfume commercial.

Video Ads reporting Demographics shows 100% Female , exactly like I have set the Ad to run, Even youtube analytics shows 100% Female viewers, but the remarketing list from Shared Audiences based on that single video running as a TrueView In-Stream Ad shows this Demographics :

remarketing-list-not-100-percent-female.png

It is 19.1 % Unknown gender and 12.5 % Gender Male , instead of 100% Gender Female .

The list video remarketing list ID is 103317704

Can anyone tell me why the video remarketing list does not report 100% Gender = Female as it logically should ? Did my client waste 30% of his budget on different genders than the video campaign targeting ?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Discrepancy in Gender reporting in AdWords for video Remarketing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I recall reading once about an issue with demographic and Remarketing. Let me try and find that  article. (If not  removed, with all the changes in the help center Smiley Surprised )

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Here it is; though I am not sure this is the root cause for the discrepancy in the data;

• To start using demographic targeting, you can select any "Display Network only" campaign type except a remarketing campaign.
  • For a "Remarketing" campaign make sure you select demographic targeting after creating the campaign.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2580383?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the help. My problem is with a "demographic report " not with "demographic targeting" . That report should contain 100÷ Female users.

Yes that article explains an exception about how to set demographics targeting in a remarketing campaign. But I am not using a Display remarketing campaign , i am just reading data from a video remarketing list report without using that list as targeting anywhere, so I feel we are talking about different problems.

I am just using the demographic report (not targeting) from a video remarketing list ftom the Shared Library , to check if 100÷ of the users who have seen the video as an Ad are Female. And the demographic report shows a 31÷ discrepancy.

I hope it is only a reporting error.