AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Demo Information from YouTube Reporting?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who is looking to spend a significant amount on a YouTube campaign through us, but would like to get as MUCH information about their audience as possible. Using the "Report" tool I see metrics like Views, CTR, etc. Is there any way to find out what youtube videos my ads are being placed on, or demo information like age groups that are seeing my ad etc?

New to the YouTube game so please forgive the amateur question.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

When it comes to YouTube ad's, your campaign settings determine where your TrueView ads show up, when they run, and who sees them from the minute you create your campaign and throughout the flight of your campaign. demographic groups, interests, placements, and remarketing lists. You can reach specific or niche audiences based on who they are, what they're interested in, and what content they're viewing.

Below is a full guide on video targeting methods. (This was my browser homepage when I first started managing YouTube campaigns lol)

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7131506?hl=en&ref_topic=3119118

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @JTG G,

Along with what Julia provided, you might enjoy roaming around one the latest Google tools, Google Trends. This is not YouTube specific, but it does dig into marketing/audience metrics that Google has. This info can be used to gather some valuable information. Another source for such data is the Think with Google system

Since you mention being new to YouTube game, have you reviewed YouTube Creator Academy? This is fun and easy... and helpful, too.

As for seeing the placements, if you open AdWords and click on video campaigns and then placements, you will see where they were after they run.

Please let us know if we can help with anything further.

Kind Regards,

James