AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Creating Custom Affinity

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

There is a Custom Affinity Audience item in the Interest drop down menu but it doesn't seem to work. There's no create button. And the search doesn't bring any results

Screen Shot 2016-11-29 at 8.26.36 PM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Creating Custom Affinity

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Ariel,

Thanks for posting to the Community. Have you tried logging out and logging back in, or doing this from a different browser?

You should see two options on the custom affinity audiences window: the +create custom affinity button at the bottom, and then blue hyperlinked text to create a custom affinity based on your search term:

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 11.20.48 AM.png

Creating Custom Affinity

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

No luck. I tried signing out and back in but the no hyperlink or button appears

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Screen Shot 2016-12-02 at 11.23.12 PM.png

Creating Custom Affinity

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

FYI - It is a true video campaign (in-stream is the ad) to drive mobile app installations

Creating Custom Affinity

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ariel, 

You have to first create audiences and save it in the custom affinity option under your advertiser/campaign and name ot. Then you can add the saved custom affinity audiences. 

Creating Custom Affinity

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Julia, how do I do that?

Thanks

Creating Custom Affinity

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I also found this. Is this the problem

Hi,

Custom Affinity Audiences is currently not available for Adwords for video campaigns. The only two available audiences across Adwords for video campaigns are affinity audiences and In-market audiences.

For more info please refer back to this article:-
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454017

View solution in original post

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ariel, 

TrueView line items are slightly different than standard DBM targeting controls. Targeting for TrueView line items is set at two levels, the line item level and the ad group level. Targeting set at the insertion order level doesn't apply to TrueView.

Under line items click on custom affinity and create a new audience. Screenshot example below!

IMG_3146.PNG

Creating Custom Affinity

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ariel, 

That solution is from 2014, back then TrueView and AdGroups disn't exist. 

Refwe to the the link you shared note regarding my last comment and you should be all set. Below is the note for reference 

"Your TrueView video campaigns are located with your other campaigns from the "All campaigns" drop-down menu. You can also use this drop-down menu to view only your TrueView campaigns by selecting Video campaigns"