AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Conversion Tracking for Video?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am attempting to include a "complete order" conversion tracking to my video campaigns, the problem is that I am already using this format to track my standard (non video) adwords campaigns how do I make it so I can track this kind of conversion for video... Adwords says I can't edit it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author EmerEssentials
September 2015

Re: Conversion Tracking for Video?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

That is correct.

Your flow is as follows:

AdWords

Campaign #1 - Video

Campaign #2 - Non-Video

(A campaign sends traffic to your website)

Your Website

Conversion #1 - Complete Order

(Campaign traffic completes a conversion. That conversion is attributed to the campaign that sent the visitor.)

Make sense?

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey EmerEssentials,

Welcome to the community!

Just so I understand, you have two seperate campaigns, video & non-video, with one conversion setup?

As long as you have your video & non-video campaigns seperated, a conversion should be attributed to the correct campaign when one occurs.

For example, I ultimately want a visitor to fill out a contact form on my site. My non-video campaign sends 3 visitors to my site, in which case all three complete the form. Therefore, my non-video campaign will get 3 conversions attributed to it.

On the other hand, my video campaign sent 1 visitor, which they also converted, so my video campaign would be attributed one conversion.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So you are saying that when I created my video campaign the conversion setup I had for my already existing non video campaign was automatically applied to the video campaign?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author EmerEssentials
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

That is correct.

Your flow is as follows:

AdWords

Campaign #1 - Video

Campaign #2 - Non-Video

(A campaign sends traffic to your website)

Your Website

Conversion #1 - Complete Order

(Campaign traffic completes a conversion. That conversion is attributed to the campaign that sent the visitor.)

Make sense?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've also got a question related to conversion tracking for Video campaigns as well.

Is it possible to record conversions for a mobile app when running a TrueView In-Stream video campaign?
The video adverts destination URL in the Ad Attributes settings is straight to the app listing within the Google Play store, and I have also utilized the Call to Action Overlay to Google Play as well. 

I don't think it's possible since it's not clicking through from an extension but I thought i'd give it a shot!

Thanks,
Cam

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Good question, anzcam. Unfortunately I don't have the answer to this one.

Let me know what you find out when testing.

Thanks!

BI