AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Changing a video within a video campaign ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A started a video campaign a few days ago only to discover the YT video had an error in it.  We have since uploaded the corrected video to YT.  So now, is it possible to simply change the video within an existing ad of my campaign?  When I go to edit ad I see there is a button to Change Video and one to Remove Video. However when I click either, nothing seems to happen.  It simply drops me down further down the page.  Can you explain how I can change the video within my ad?

Re: Changing a video within a video campaign ad

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi,

In general, it's better creating a new ad and pause the current video ad, because editing an old ad creates a new one and this new ad's statistics will be reset to zero,

When you click "change video", it should show you a new field where you can insert your new video URL, if that no happening. You may have an issue with your browser, try different browser or clean your cash and cookies.

Re: Changing a video within a video campaign ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Ahmed. I went ahead & created a new ad. I was having issues with this as it wasn't allowing me to add a display URL or destination URL for the in-stream ads. However your suggestion to change browsers (IE to Chrome) solved this problem!