AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Careful Promoting a video on a Monetized Channel,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I used the offer of pay 25$ get 75$ on comercial but I totally regret it.

I just had the bad experience that due monetization of videos through adwords, I send lots of traffic to my Channel, and adSense algorithms got it as invalid Activity, which lead in my account to be banned.

If I have known for sure I would have not promoted my videos. Please Google, to avoid this kind of mistakes, please remove the promote video option from monetised channels, they are just as bad as claymores. Or at least during the video verification, verify also that the channel is monetized and indicate taht it is not allowed.

Seems that on AdSense forums there are more people with the same problem.

Hope that helps someone else, I wish I have known before...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Careful Promoting a video on a Monetized Channel,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You can see our post from earlier today on a related issue. The promoted video ad format is currently unsafe and is likely to lead to the termination of a user's YouTube account. Google should take the format offline until this is fixed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks.
Will check it out.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi All,

It's important to review all of the terms and conditions of various products that you use in your advertising endeavours. Once you start pointing your ads towards a landing page that is no longer your website, you should ensure you are adhering to these products guidelines.

James A, have you appealed this decision through the AdSense Help Center? You can do so here: https://support.google.com/adsense/troubleshooter/2707037?hl=en

Schroder B, I have reached out to you offering assistance on this issue from our side. Please let me know if you would like to avail of this.

Kathleen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Kathleen is exactly right here. You must understand that Google has several sets of policies, and they don't always agree with each other. It's fully possible to be compliant with, say, Adwords policy, and at the same time, violate YouTube policy. We had that exact problem, and it cost us our YouTube account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I have appealed but I got what seems an automatic answer, of "our technicians have considered that cannot reinstate your adsense account". I am sure for the speed of the answer that no one looked at it, but oh well, not much we can do. My ads were pointing to my youtube channel page, the default that adwords selects when you use "promote your video" option on youtube videos.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@KathleenG Can you confirm us that promoting a monetized video through youtube promote video link, from a monetized channel and on click of the video we send the views to said channel to show our content, won't break any Adworks, youtube or adsense TOS?

Thank you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If I don't get a confirmation, I will understand that it is not possible to do that and therefor having that option on a youtube channel is very dangerous and should be removed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had the same problem with my adsense account.. they banned me just because an adwords promoted video.. I  hope I can have my account again.. I didn't know that..

Careful Promoting a video on a Monetized Channel,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In short, we cannot promote a monetized video using Adwords?