AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Can I set up a Youtube video campaign and only target channels?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have set up an Video campaign in AdWords and I have selected 30 placements (different channels, which I found on YouTube).

I get a lot traffic from this, but almost none of it comes from these placements. I haven't selected any other targeting except for "demographics". But I apparently still gets a lot of views and impressions, but I can't see them under my placements.

They do however show under demographics.

Is it possible to set up, so my video is only targeting the selected channels?

I hope someone can help me with this.

Best regards,

Magnus

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Can I set up a Youtube video campaign and only target channels?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Magnus,

I'm just wondering which bidding option you are using. Taking this directly from the help centre:

• Target and bid: Your ads will be targeted based on the method you selected. For example, if you select "Target and bid" for placements, your ad will only show if one of the placements you've added is matched.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Can I set up a Youtube video campaign and only target channels?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I am looking for something like that. I know the option from the display campaigns, but I can't seem to find it on the youtube targeting settings.

Please point me in the right direction if you are able to.