AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

Anyone seen the new In Stream Ad? You have to click "Learn More"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone seen the new In Stream Ad? You have to click the gold "Learn More" text at the bottom. If you click the video ad itself like normal all it does is pause the ad. In Order to link to the site you have to click the small text at the bottom "Learn More."

Is this where YouTube is heading or is this just a special case?

image001.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Anyone seen the new In Stream Ad? You have to click "Learn Mo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Is this a beta? In my videos, if I click on the video while playing - I am directed to the advertiser landing page.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same as mine, you click anywhere on the ad and it takes to the landing page.

I came across the ad I posted above and its different though. I have never even seen an option for something like this. Not that I would want to use it but I am curious on how or why it was done that way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh,

Do you know more bout this? I still  view those 2 kinds of inStream Ads.

With and Without "Learn more" link. When u create a new inStream Ads. U only have the option to put a video ads with learn More link. Is it a way to roll back? Now when u click wherever on the video it "stop" and "play" the video...