AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Boost and manage your Google Ads for Video (YouTube ads) performance
Guide Me
star_border

AdWords for Video campaign creation

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Hi,

Is it mandatory for AdWords for Video campaigns to be connected to a YouTube account?  I have a client with videos that doesn't want to create a YouTube channel to advertise?  Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: AdWords for Video campaign creation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Susan,

I'm not aware of any workaround.

From here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375497?hl=en

"To create a TrueView video ad, your videos must be hosted on YouTube."

There are so many benefits to having a YouTube channel, well beyond advertising. Is there any way you can get them to reconsider?

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: AdWords for Video campaign creation

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Susan,

Agree with PPCBossman. "To create a TrueView video ad, your videos must be hosted on YouTube."

By linking a YouTube channel to an AdWords account, you can access additional video view statistics, call-to-action (CTA) overlays, and remarketing and engagement statistics such as earned views. There are two options for linking accounts:

• Link a YouTube channel to an AdWords account
  • Link an AdWords account to a YouTube channel

Available features

• View counts and calls-to-action (CTAs)
  • You can view ad completion rates of videos from linked channels.
  • You can create call-to-action (CTA) overlays on videos from linked channels. Use these to share more information about the content of your video or to raise interest in your channel, other videos, or additional websites.

Remarketing

• You can create remarketing lists based on viewers’ past interactions on linked channels.
    Engagement
  • You can view earned actions metrics from videos and video ads from linked channels.

Please go through the URL for more details about Linking YouTube channels to an AdWords account

I hope this will help you.

Thanks,

Anand