AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

not set in analytics

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi there,

I have extended my search campaigns to Search with Display. Since then, some days have (not set) data in analytics - adwords. All the campaigns are there and some days, there is also a block of not set data with visits and conversions.

Adwords and analytics are linked in properly, ads look ok and autotagging is enable... don't know where else to check! haha

Any help please?

Many thanks!

Vero

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: not set in analytics

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

Per Analytics Help center:-

If (not set) is appearing in your AdWords reports, it means that the website or app you're tracking in the Analytics account is receiving traffic from an AdWords account that is not linked to the reporting view. You should review the following:

• Auto-tagging is on but cost data is not applied (See: Missing Data in AdWords Reports)
  • There is a redirect in the URL
  • The gclid parameter is altered or dropped from the ad (See: CPC Data Not Collected)
  • Auto and manual tagging are being used at the same time
  • Manually tagged URLs are missing a parameter

Occasionally, information related to a click can be lost even if auto-tagging is enabled. As a result, you may see some (not set) entries instead of keyword, ad-content, or campaign information that could not be collected.

Matched Search Query

If (not set) is appearing in your AdWords > Matched Search Query reports, it is likely that everything in the AdWords section is (not set) as outlined in the above section. However, if the regular AdWords reports (Campaigns & Keywords) are reporting data correctly, then there are several additional reasons why (not set) could appear in the Matched Search Query report:

• Google Display Network traffic (this traffic does not have an associated query, so will show as (not set))
  • Manually tagged campaigns (this report only works for auto-tagged traffic)
  • Invalid clicks will show up as (not set)
  • In the AdWords search-terms report, all terms classified as "(other search terms)" will be reported as (not set).

Read More:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2820717?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Verónica R
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

(Not set) for the keywords in analytics appears when your traffic is from Display, which is one cause from all those listed in the analytics help file, provided above.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, 

Per Analytics Help center:-

If (not set) is appearing in your AdWords reports, it means that the website or app you're tracking in the Analytics account is receiving traffic from an AdWords account that is not linked to the reporting view. You should review the following:

• Auto-tagging is on but cost data is not applied (See: Missing Data in AdWords Reports)
  • There is a redirect in the URL
  • The gclid parameter is altered or dropped from the ad (See: CPC Data Not Collected)
  • Auto and manual tagging are being used at the same time
  • Manually tagged URLs are missing a parameter

Occasionally, information related to a click can be lost even if auto-tagging is enabled. As a result, you may see some (not set) entries instead of keyword, ad-content, or campaign information that could not be collected.

Matched Search Query

If (not set) is appearing in your AdWords > Matched Search Query reports, it is likely that everything in the AdWords section is (not set) as outlined in the above section. However, if the regular AdWords reports (Campaigns & Keywords) are reporting data correctly, then there are several additional reasons why (not set) could appear in the Matched Search Query report:

• Google Display Network traffic (this traffic does not have an associated query, so will show as (not set))
  • Manually tagged campaigns (this report only works for auto-tagged traffic)
  • Invalid clicks will show up as (not set)
  • In the AdWords search-terms report, all terms classified as "(other search terms)" will be reported as (not set).

Read More:https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2820717?hl=en
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Verónica R
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

(Not set) for the keywords in analytics appears when your traffic is from Display, which is one cause from all those listed in the analytics help file, provided above.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the possible reasons!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks! That makes lot of sense, thanks both of you guys.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have read elsewhere that it is a glitch that google is looking into. It also affects old data that was ok, but now shows 'not set'.

I am pausing my campaigns until it is fixed. I will not pay for a product I cannot assess.