AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

keyword report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can I get a report from adwords with list of keywords in alphabetical order

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: keyword report

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bob,

You are able to just click "keyword" (column title) when you are on the keywords tab and it should list them the way you want.

Or you can download them by clicking the down arrow (just to the left of the search box) and use excel to manipulate the data to get it how you want.

Let me know if you need any more help with it. Good luck.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Bob,

You are able to just click "keyword" (column title) when you are on the keywords tab and it should list them the way you want.

Or you can download them by clicking the down arrow (just to the left of the search box) and use excel to manipulate the data to get it how you want.

Let me know if you need any more help with it. Good luck.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Bob,

Adam is correct about this, with one caveat. Broad, phrase and exact will all sort together as you would expect, but BMM keywords with a plus sign before the first word will all be at the top. I'm not sure what happens to BMM if the thirst character is not a plus (+) sign--I don't have any of those in my campaigns.

For example, the same keyword in broad, phrase and exact match in the selected set will appear together for easy comparison of performance by match type. But the BMM match type will be list with all other BMM keywords.

I have asked that this be fixed, but it hasdn't happend yet.

If you download the keywords, import to an Excel spreadsheet and sort them, the keywords will be sorted by match type--all Phrase, BMM, Broad and Exact will be together. In other words, you should see all the phrase match keywords first, BMM next, then Broad, and last Exact unless you do some custom work to ignore the first character if it is a match type indicator.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords