AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

iOS App Download Tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a new campaign where the goal is mobile iOS app downloads.  I have read here that iOS mobile app download tracking for SEM is not possible:

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Can anyone confirm if the above is true?  If yes, does anyone know of a way where you can track downloads through google search?

Additionally, the advertiser is using Has Offers to track app downloads outside of Paid Search.  Does anyone know if implementing this through AdWords is a possibility?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: iOS App Download Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matt.
The only way to track this is to have the app open a page with your conversion code on it when it's run. This will only track first runs, not downloads though but it's as close as you're going to get.

Without being able to add the code to the app store, it's impossible to track this.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Matt.
The only way to track this is to have the app open a page with your conversion code on it when it's run. This will only track first runs, not downloads though but it's as close as you're going to get.

Without being able to add the code to the app store, it's impossible to track this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Doesn't the IDFA allow this as described here?
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Test-iOS-Conversion-tracking-prior-to-App...
Or are we misunderstanding this?