AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

advertising before my video

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

do i get paid when people advertise before my video

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: advertising before my video

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi MaryandBrianna,

Thank you for your posting. To answer your question, if you are running an Adwords ad campaign you pay to have your ads run on relevant searches. Now if your asking if you are running Adsense on your website, yes you can get paid when people view your Adsense ads. 

There is a great community thread that discusses the differences between Adwords and Adsense on this link. Please let me know if this answers your question.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes You get paid , when people advertise before you video.

In Order to do so should you should have youtube partner account and an adsense account .Both accounts should be linked.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
This sounds like a Adsense question, but you do not get automatically paid because of a view. In most cases, the user will need to click on the ad (CPC model) or engage the ad (CPV or TrueView model) before AdWords charges an advertiser. I'd assume that means that the content provider won't get paid until one of those things happens too.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375497?hl=en&topic=1713903&path=1713898-1710534&ctx=leftn...