AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

YouTube Conversions tracking sharing and likes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I want to create a video campaign in AdWords for my youtube video and track the conversions. Conversions for me: if people will share my video or make a like on it. Is it possible to do it with adwords?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: YouTube Conversions tracking sharing and likes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Alexey
Unfortunately, no. You cannot assign these actions as conversions. However, there are share and view metrics available in AdWords so that you can track them. If you set up a video campaign, they automatically become available in your video campaign reports. If you can't see them, add the columns manually.

You can't use them to optimize for conversions but it's better than having no visibility into them at all. Hope that helps.

Re: YouTube Conversions tracking sharing and likes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sorry, could you please clarify? If I correctly understand I can see some statistics for share and views. I cannot see statistics on likes. And I cannot manage my campaign based on shares and views. I can only see them.

Is it correct?