AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Why only one View permitted??

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 1
Top Contributor

I'm really confused, I was trying to add another View for collecting adwords data

When I go to Adwords account linking > Google Analytics, it says I can only link one View from each of the GA Properties???

"Select up to 1 view from each of your Google Analytics web properties."

Huh?

In Google Analytics if i go to Property > Adwords Linking, I have the option of ticking multiple Views in which to collect Adwords data, and I do have more than one ticked (have done for ages) however now it wont allow me to add one of the new Views for that Property - tells me resource is not available when i try to save the change.

If i have multiple views for a particular Property, why would i not be allowed to select more than 1 View?

Thank
Whims

eta.. I'm using latest version of Chrome browser. In analytics when I try to tick a view to add it to the Link Configuration, I get the red error msg at the top of screen that "Resource is not available" when i try to save the change. THen if i try to navigate away from it, it tells me there are unsaved changes. Ok so ignore the changes.
However then when i recheck it a bit later, it has saved the change and the newly added View is included in the Link Config of ticked Views.

Bronwyn Vourtis, Google Analytics Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Why only one View permitted??

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Whims,

Welcome to adwords community.

I have created 3 views for 3 diffident landing pages. I have not suffered with such type of problem.
If I am right, you are also following this procedure for creation of view.
Google analytics -> admin -> view -> create view -> New Reporting View -> Website/ mobile app -> Reporting View Name -> Reporting Time Zone -> Create view.
then go -> PROPERTY -> adwords linking -> new link group or existed link group -> select you linked adwords account (if you have no linked account then click on new link group) -> link configuration -> linked view -> select your view which is create by you. -> done

I confident that you will able to create more then 1 view for you adwords campaign.
If you want to link more then 1 adwords account with anaytics then you also able to do this by following above procedure.

I think you see this error:
" resource is not available" I also see this because:
when you select PROPERTY that time don't select new view & go on default view, means Just select existing main view which is available by default.
I confidently say that you are eligible for creation of 25 views for same property.

Regards
Mohit

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi :-)
It occurs in the analytics interface when I try to edit the Link Config for the existing Link Group to add in another of the Property's Views

When I go back to check it, it does seem to have saved it in the Link Config, despite the error when trying to save and the interface saying there are unsaved changes when I try to navigate away from that page.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Whims,

I think that you have added successfully new view in existing link group. now discuss about second error " there are unsaved changes".

I suggest please refresh using ctrl f5 one time then see again, I fill you will not find this error again.

& if is it possible please share the screen shot of error.

Thanks
Mohit

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
ohmygosh, I am sooo sorry for not having replied to you.
This did end up rectifying itself.

Cheers
Whims :-)