AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

When Upgrading To Universal Analytics Does It Affect Adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all, I have a client who just recently upgraded to Universal Analytics. They had held off for so long for internal reasons. So they updated on Friday (Feb 10th) and my adwords account since then has taken a major dive. The account has been hovering at just less than $100 a day in revenue as opposed to the normal $500-$1200. I checked the main success conversion page and it appears Tag Assistant chrome extension shows that the adwords pixel is okay (although it does show a blue icon rather than a green for page load time, but I think it has been that way all long).

My question, is there anything I was supposed to do from my end when they upgraded the Google Analytics? Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks everyone. And in advanced, I'm not using too much remarketing as I haven't gotten much results from it (I've read Universal Analytics affects remarketing).

1 Expert replyverified_user

When Upgrading To Universal Analytics Does It Affect Adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Walter,

I don't think that upgrading the code in Google Analytics to Universal Analytics should create any impact on the AdWords campaigns that you are running. You should ideally look at any major changes that you made inside the account leading to the revenue figures impact that happened. Also are you referring to some ecommerce tracking and revenue assigned to them in the account or what? Could you give more insights around this?

Pankaj