AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What is google.com.hk and why does ALL my traffic come from there?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

All my clicks come pretty much from one source- google.com.hk. It seems to me google must employ lots of people overseas just to click the ads and run up the revenue. Am I wrong? I am getting NO quality clicks and absolutely no calls from ad words.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: What is google.com.hk and why does ALL my traffic come from there?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

Google.com.hk is nothing but Google Hong Kong. 

Can you tell us what are your target locations in your campaign settings?

Are you running some dedicated campaign for Hong Kong region?

Pankaj

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Google.com.hk is Google Hong Kong Search engine same as google.co.uk for UK.

If you are receiving all your clicks from Hong Kong then your campaign must be targeting Hong Kong region.

What’s your target region/country?

“Google must employ lots of people overseas just to click the ads and run up the revenue” Regarding this statement you are totally wrong. Google never employ people to click on ads. You should make sure that you are running your campaign in right region and on your relevant keywords.

Nouman

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No I am definitely not targeting Hong Kong. I specifically limited the area to the US. It still seems to me that all the clicks come from Google themselves, not from customers. Smells like click loading to me just to run up the revenue for Google. I can definitely see on my own website stats exactly where the clicks are coming from.