AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

What does mature cookies mean?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read what's written in "Avoiding double-counting section" in the article (https://support.google.com/partners/answer/2472714?hl=en) but I really don't understand how counting only mature cookies really avoids double counting and what is the definition of double counting by Google?

Re: What does mature cookies mean?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rana,

By the term “mature” Google want to say these cookies are unique.
And Double Counting means counting the same browser twice for the users who had cleaned up their browser cookies and now have been assigned a new cookie after getting an ad served.
In this case adwords will count two cookies for the same user- one before deletion and one after deletion. So to avoid this Google use to count just the mature cookies (cookies before deletion) while generating the report.

-Rohit

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Rohit, that was useful.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
You are welcome Rana.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Can you please provide with an example of mature cookies and how we benefit from them?