AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Website Clicks from In-Stream Visits Ads not visible in Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I have been running the In-Stream Triview ads via adwords on Youtube for a while now. We get sufficient no. of Website Clicks from the ads, however they are not visible in analytics. I understand that auto-taggin urls does not work for video ads as yet, hence I have manually tagged the desitnation urls with utm parameters. However, I cannot see the visits from Youtube in Analytics. There have been numeroud website clicks ( about 500 a day), however they are not visible in analytics. Here are the utm parameters I used : 

utm_source = Youtube

utm_medium = Truview

utm_campaign = XYZ

1. Has anybody faced similar issues ?

2. Is it because most of these clicks are invalid hence not visible in analytics ?

Any help on this would be appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website Clicks from In-Stream Visits Ads not visible in Analytics

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi akhandelwal,

Where are you looking for the traffic? It won't be under the AdWords section. Instead, you should be able to find it under Traffic Sources/Sources/Campaigns.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords