AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Website Call Conversion Including Country Code

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi all,

We are starting to track conversions through "Website Call Conversion" and there is one question that arises in my mind.

We are based in Spain but clients call from many different parts of the world.

Lets say that our phone number is +34 900 123 456.  Do I have have to include the country code (+34) in the website tracking code? If I only include the 900 123 456 and an user from outside Spain reaches the Landing Page, will he be able to click the phone number and make the call?

We have tested the tracking inside Spain and it works fine but in all the documentation that I have checked no one mentions how does it work for someone calling from outside the country (in this case Spain).

May someone bring me some light into this issue please?  I will very much appreciate.

Best Regards,

Santiago

I

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Website Call Conversion Including Country Code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Santiago,

Include the country code. The way this works is the Google forwarding number is shown if the user had previously clicked on your click-to-call ad, so they will see that number when they return to your site. If the user had not previously clicked on your ad, the number within the sting is shown. On a mobile device, that number will usually show as a click-to-call link.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pete,

Thank you very much for taking the time in answering my query. Very much appreciated.

So, I would have one more question. Should I place the format number like this "+34 900 123 457", like this " (+34) 900 123 456 or like this " 0034 900 123 456:

<body onload="_googWcmGet('number', '+34 900 123 457')">
<span class="number">+34 900 123 457</span>
</body>

I am not sure if the "+" might bring an error when someone from outside Spain click on the phone number. How can I test if someone from outside Spain can click on the phone number and successfully make the call?

Many thanks in advance for the help,

Santiago

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Santiago,

Everything I've looked at says include the + sign:

+34 900 123 457

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for your help pete! I will test it this way and see if it works well. :-)

Best Regards,

Santiago