AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

View Through Conversion Details Not Matching Google Analytics Transaction Details

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

In my AdWords account, I see 5 view-through conversions (tracking successful transactions) that occurred last month. I created a report in AdWords to see the city, device and date that the view-through conversions are associated with so I can match up the details with transactions in Google Analytics.

I can't find a perfect match, though. The conversion date is 9/7 which I know is the last impressions of the ad that the user saw before converting, so in GA, I'm only looking at transaction data from 9/7-9/30. I do not see any transactions in GA that came from the city that AdWords is reporting. Finally, all 5 view-through conversions are associated with the same city, device & date so it looks like this was a purchase of 5 items at once. Looking at quantities in GA, the only one with 5 is associated with a different city and device than what the view-throughs are associated with in AdWords.

The only thing I can think of is that someone viewed the ad in a different city and on a different device than they ended up completing the transaction on. Does anyone have any different thoughts or insights?

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: View Through Conversion Details Not Matching Google Analytics Transaction Details

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sarah B sorry for the delay in replying.

I'd search before 9/7.  It's quite possible that there was more than one view that assisted the conversion.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits