AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

ValueTrack - Campaign Name possibility?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I recently deploy manual-tagging through AdWords, the ValueTrack function really help but am worrying about the campaign name parameter.

I have tens of campaigns and each campaign has several ad groups as well as keywords/display ads. So I want to reduce the manually tag work and use the ValueTrack URL template.

Is there a way to trigger every campaign name using ValueTrack parameter, so that I can set an Account level tracking parameter? Or any suggestions? I just do not want to tag at campaign level each time.

Thank you for your help!

Philip

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Philip,

That's a great question.

Regrettably there is no ValueTrack parameter for campaign name. There is one for campaign ID, but not campaign name.

When we want to pass the campaign name through urls we have to manually add a custom parameter with the name of the campaign at the campaign level to each campaign tracking template.

Best,

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks John for your reply. We are using this kind of tracking method "ValueTrack on Account Level + Custom Parameter" on Campaign Level, maybe we still need to keep it and see if there is an update on "Campaign Name" parameter like Bing Ads & DoubleClick Search in the future. 

Best,

Philip

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Yes, I want this feature as well. We need Campaign Name, Ad Group Name, etc. to auto-populate so that we can pass data correctly to various third-party sources.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any update...are campaign name and ad group name still not parameters that can be used with ValueTrack?