AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using organic and paid promotion by Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can anyone tell me from what universe the report is drawing from?  I expected to see all traffic paid an organic with overlapping areas highlighted.  What I am seeing is a very small set of data maybe 3% of our traffic.  I just connected our search console 2 days ago in case that is part of the issue.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using organic and paid promotion by Google

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason H I think the time period is almost all of the problem to be honest.  The report will only include data at least 24 hours old and there is some additional filtering.  I believe this para from the Search Terms report itself (which is obviously a close cousin of Paid & Organic) has relevance:

"Keep in mind that you’ll only see search terms that were used by people at least 24 hours ago and have either received clicks in the past 30 days or were searched for by a significant number of people. Any search terms that did not meet this criteria will be summed up in the 'Other search terms' row."

You should see some more useful data after a week or so has gone by.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits