AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Using Google Analytics data within your AdWords Account

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 1
Google Employee

Hello Folks,

In continuing our theme for November on tools and reporting, today I'll be focusing on a new feature within AdWords Reporting, being able to see your Google Analytics data within Adwords. 

Many of you already use your Google Analytics accounts every day, dissecting your data, examining where your traffic comes from and gauging how well your advertising is working for your business.

We have tried to streamline your reporting experience by making some of this data, like Bounce Rate, directly available in your AdWords account. This way you can gain deeper insights into your campaigns and take action on these insights all in one places. 

What can you import?

How do I import it?

In order to be able to see this data within Analytics, please follow the steps here. It is essentially a two step process, firstly ensure that your AdWords and Analytics accounts are linked correctly, and secondly that you have selected the profiles of data you want to import. Note that once the accounts are linked, it may take a few hours to see all the data. 

How to Add Google Analytics columns to your reports:

Navigate to the Campaigns or Ad groups tab, click "customize columns", and look for the Google Analytics category on the left hand side of the column customization wizard. Click "Add" for each column you'd like to add.

What are the Benefits? :

By having Google Analytics data alongside your AdWords performance statistics, you will get an accurate picture of what people do once they reach your Destination URL, after clicking on your ad. 

This insight gives you an idea of the effectiveness of your Advertising campaigns, which can then help you make decisions about budgets, bids, landing pages and ad copy. 

For example, viewing an Ad Group's bounce rate alongside its click through rate, can give deeper insight into how effective that ad group is. The information can help you make important decisions about how you design and construct ad groups.

If you guys have already used this feature, feel free to share your experience, and of course I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you have on this topic.

Happy Analysing,

James 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Using Google Analytics data within your AdWords Account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Thanks for the great post James.