AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Upgraded location extensions showing very rarely

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have decent traffic from my ads 719cliks and 7500 impressions this period

but I have only 25 impressions for Upgraded location extensions http://screencast.com/t/xHO3OZ5UxT

Why are they showing so rarely?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Upgraded location extensions showing very rarely

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Davis,

Is it possible that the users are searching from outside of your "service area" or quite far beyond your location to the point where the extension will not show?

Also, extensions really are only shown at Google's discretion. Ad Rank/Position can be a factor as well.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Davis,

Is it possible that the users are searching from outside of your "service area" or quite far beyond your location to the point where the extension will not show?

Also, extensions really are only shown at Google's discretion. Ad Rank/Position can be a factor as well.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Davis S,

Kindly make sure all information are correct in your Google Places and your target location is same as your business location, still your are getting less impression then i would suggest you to go in SQR and check the relevancy of Search queries with your business and business location and improve the average position after doing this you may be getting good impression.

Or

Unlink this location extension and Create it manually in AdWords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tommy,
Thanks for the reply
I am targeting Latvia and because it is a very small country there is no place outside my service area or too far.
Also my ad rank is 1.7 in average
And all the information in Google places is correct
I checked SQR and there are virtually no searches with location provided outside my target area
So I really can't figure this one out
I don't want to go back to "not upgraded" locations because they will be obsolete soon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭