AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Template using Value Track {adposition}

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Team,

I want to track the adpositon through the value track paramter i.e.{adposition}. I have the ads setup with the destination URL in the ads to www.example.com (may be).

Now i dont want to edit the ads right away to test this. I want to try and check once before I create new ad copies with option of Final URL.

I want to setup the Tracking Template at the adgroup level to track the adposition. Please tell me how to do this step by step. I am little confused with this {lpurl} and how ti use that in the tracking template. 

Note, my objective is to track the adpositon using value track at the adgroup level tracking template.

Please tell me what should i type in the tracking template option in the Adgroup level. should i write
https://www.abc.com/?adpos={adposition} or  adpos={adposition} or {lpurl}&adpos={adposition} or {lpurl}=https://www.abc.com&adpos={adposition}

Thanks,

Subbu

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Tracking Template using Value Track {adposition}

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
HI Subbu,

I am not expert at this but from what I have gathered when reading about upgraded URL's, if you are not using Value track parameters then you need to add the '{lpurl}' bit before all your tags.

So essentially, your tagged URL will be: example.com?{lpurl}adpos={adposition}

I would like to hear others take on this as well.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not Satisfied sir. I wanted to hear a conclusive one. I will wait to see new replies from any experts on that topic in the community.

Thank you very much for the reply though.

Subbu

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Subbu,

I hope you might have got the answer by now but incase if you are still looking for the right answer then read below -

As I understand, You want to use {adposition} value track at adgroup level template.
under the template section you can either use {lpurl}?|{adposition} or {lpurl}?adpos={adposition}

Hope this answers your query

Noor