AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Tracking Status Unverified in Adwords, I do tracking conversions on GA

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My Google Adwords Conversion Tracking status is unverified. My question is already i am tracking goal converions in Analytics, then what is the need of verifying the conversion tracking code and tracking it again on Adwords. Is there any benefits if i do so. Can anyone clearly explain me this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John Paul Sing
September 2015

Re: Tracking Status Unverified in Adwords, I do tracking conversions o

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jaun,

The conversion tracking code that you generated from the Adwords interface has not been pasted on the source page i.e "Thankyou Page" of the website . That is why its showing the Tracking Status unverified.

But, on the other end Goals & Funnels already setup for the Thank You/Order Confirmation page in the Goggle Analytics. Moreover, Google Adwords account linked with Google Analytics account. Which helping to show adwords data into analytics.

Google Analytics can show all the conversions either it comes from Adwords. Organic Search, Direct traffic or Refferal traffic, while Google Adwords can show only the PPC campaign stats.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John Paul Sing
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jaun,

The conversion tracking code that you generated from the Adwords interface has not been pasted on the source page i.e "Thankyou Page" of the website . That is why its showing the Tracking Status unverified.

But, on the other end Goals & Funnels already setup for the Thank You/Order Confirmation page in the Goggle Analytics. Moreover, Google Adwords account linked with Google Analytics account. Which helping to show adwords data into analytics.

Google Analytics can show all the conversions either it comes from Adwords. Organic Search, Direct traffic or Refferal traffic, while Google Adwords can show only the PPC campaign stats.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our website : gurushots.com
Problem : GTM configured to relay GA events and connected to Adwords (but AdWords won't verify)

I am using Google Tag Manager, everything is set up perfectly, all events are registered (checked with GTM debug mode, as well with GA in debug mode, which can be configured like so in GTM). I have Adwords tag setup with the right Conversion ID and Label (triple-checked) and it's using the "Firing Rule" of a signup event, which looks like this:

`dataLayer.push({'event': 'signup'});` // works and being registered in GA

Which is being registered also in GA without any problems. Goals have been set up correctly in GA to connect this event with AdWards. my status remains "unverified".

Here's a screenshot of how GA is configured in my Admin panel to connect the Conversion with the signup Goal: http://snapnote.io/0BKbOV

Please help... thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Yair,

Have there been any completed goals since you set up the goal to import into AdWords? If not, you should run a rest conversion and if it comes through Analytics to AdWords, everything should be fine and the status should no longer say unverified.

If goals are occurring in Analytics but not AdWords, then the problem is with your import, not the code itself.

If you can provide a little more detail, I will see if I can help more. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
All our campaigns aren't activated yet. Do they have to be activated in order to be verified? the term "unverified" suggests one needs to verify the account before starting campaigns (which costs money of course). There are people signing up all the time, I see the event in GA, which is the exact same "signup" event which is configured in the Goals.

The only script I have in our site is the GTM one (which by itself deploys other scripts needed)

Here are our account details (not sure if that helps):

GA account ID - UA-17401998-2
AdWords Conversion - 1027427290
AdWords Conversion Label - oiOQCMn4_FYQ2pf16QM

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
HI Yair,

For you own Privacy remove your account details from the post (EDIT your post). And open a new thread to ask your question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
what? this information is exposed in all websites on the internet, it's something you configure on your HTML, it's not a secret in a any way.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Yari, Oh ! You are right !. I thought its an Adwords account ID. No issues. Anyhow you can open a new thread to ask your question, instead on asking here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah I can but Amy Bishop asked me a question so I answered here..I will open my own thread