AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Totals row on Adwords Reports Missing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Does anyone else not have a "totals" row in Adwords reporting? Am I just missing some dumb setting? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

If you go to Reporting and then use the Cost metric, it is the total. You simply set your date range to encompass the total you want. 

Further, there are totals are at the bottom of the dashboard for each account. Perhaps you have zoom set with your web browser or with the computer's operating system, which is cutting off some of the screen info.

You can also customize your dashboard and add a Total Cost to the column, which would show you the total cost for each campaign. If you open your AdWords account, click on All Campaigns at the top of the left hand menu stack, then look three or four tabs over to the right... you will see a crop down menu called Columns, and if you click on it and click on Modify columns, you can add a number of features to your dashboard layout. Click on Performance and then add the Total Cost metric.

While you are there, I would suggest adding the Competitive metrics: Search Lost IS (rank) and Display Lost IS (rank). There will help you to better understand how your campaigns are performing compared to others. And really high lost rank means your need to do some work to better optimize and/or add more money to your budget.  

Let us know what you discover.

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi James,

Thanks for replying. To be clear, I'm talking about the "reports" section, not the "campaigns" section which also has a reporting view. 

If I click "campaigns" at the top (next to home, tools, reports, opportunties), then in this view I DO have a totals row for each column. 

But for some reason when I look at the same data in "reports" there is no totals row. I checked the zoom but that didn't have any effect. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Brian,

In reporting we use the Cost metric for the totals. If you run the report, set the date range to the same as your dashboard and use the cost metric, the totals will be the same. 

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

James

Re: Totals row on Adwords Reports Missing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

example.pngJ Clemens, I'm having the same problem that I believe Brian is having. 

Let's say I want to produce a report in AdWords Report Editor showing clicks, impressions, and CTR for my AdWords client, broken down by campaign, then including totals at the bottom. I want to see the totals, or in some cases average, for all my campaigns across my entire client. Note the attached picture illustrating what I mean (rows 13 and 14 are totals/averages). I produced this back in July 2016 when there was an option to do this (outside report editor). 

There seems to be no option in report editor to show totals, or total average (in the case of CPC, etc.). Could you point Brian and I to a solution? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have run into the same issue as well

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same issue. Has anyone been able to add a totals row to see the aggregated data?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having the same issue. Have you find some answer maybe?

Bests, 

Sanja

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have not and it's frustrating Smiley Sad

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I rang Google Support. They told me it is not available in the "reports" section. For me this makes this fancy report package totally useless. As Like everyone else, I need totals. What is the point in saving it out as an spreadsheet file without a tally at the bottom? Another very bad design error. I think they design these things in their lunch breaks.