AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Test iOS Conversion tracking prior to App Store submission

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to track Adwords campaign conversion (installs)

I am using 3rd party to send the pixel:

http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/conversion/966171315/?label=z_8CCO2hpAkQs7XazAM&muid=5d8c6aac...

I can not see the conversion response.

I am reading every where and Google says that they do not support the search network.

what I am missing:

If I run the above URL I should get conversion reported no?

where is the network comes?

Please help,

Haim

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Test iOS Conversion tracking prior to App Store submission

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Haim,
The conversion must match up with the cookie dropped when an ad is clicked.
Simply triggering the conversion event does nothing. Google needs to be able to associate that conversion back to the original ad click.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the quick answer,

I am advertising for mobile devices - I assume that no cookies are involved.
I was said that the GCLID is the "cookie" now and we pass it. just wanted to confirm that this is due to advertising on the Search network. how all the world is doing adwords IOS campaigns on search network? I assume tha we are not the first ones that came across this problem,
thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Haim,

That's a good question. Since you are using third-party tool to send the tracking pixel, I recommend you to contact the support team to get immediate response. Yes, you are right, AdWords conversion tracking SDK is currently supported for Mobile App Install, Mobile App Engagement, Mobile App Ads. You can get more info here.

From other perspective,  instead of just implementing conversion tracking code, add the Google Analytics SDK for iOS which helps you track conversions through Goals. Read more

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I agree with Shafi here.
Use the SDK for GA. Set the install (or first open) as a goal or
transaction and use the measurement protocol to send the hit to GA.

You can then import these goals as conversions in AdWords. You'll get a
much broader insight into the performance of your app and you'll get a lot
more support.

AdWords needs cookies. Universal Analytics does not.

Dave

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks David and Shafi,
Yes have been there also - I have GA SDK installed on the App.
I linked the account of Adwords and Analytics.
Created goals, created conversion form analytic -
yes I see my goals in addwords and I selected the open application goal , I set it as Unique.

Up to this point I was sure that I will be happy, BUT:
1. I clicked import conversions in adwords waited 48 hour and no conversion.
2. In analytics Adwords section I see clicks and impressions but no new user or session.
Something is broken in the link between the 2.

I spoke with Google support and my account manager and they said that this is a bug - under work.

I spoke with Appsflyer (the 3rd party company ) and they said that the issue is that the IDFA is not passing between the click throgh appstore to Adwords - this is under work as well- should be resloved in about 1 month.

So for now I wish that the analytics issue will be solved - it can give me more information for re-marketing and more in app conversion.

If you know how to make the link between analytics and Awdord for mobile work I will be happy - for the web it works fine
Thanks,
Haim

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Haim,

I have been running everywhere to get answer for a similar question.

We are promoting an ad campaign with Hasoffer Tracking Link where we are Publisher and Google is sub_publisher and this link is set inside Google Adwords campaign setting. App Uses Hasoffer SDK for Conversion attribution. We are integrated with Hasoffers to receive the Install postback and we are also integrated with Google API to send this data to Google Adwords through Conversion ID and Label created during campaign Setup.

Now after running the campaign, We see install in MAT dashboard and in our system but same is not reflected in the Google adwords dashboard.

MAT says that we can not use ourselves as Publisher ID and Google as Sub_Pub ID in the campaign tracking link and therefore Google is not recording the conversion.

Appsflyer also said that we can not see the conversion for iOS campaign in Google adwords if we use our links which will be based on Appsflyer in which Google is Sub_Publisher in the link.

Getting answer on Google Support from Google team is most difficult part as they always say to contact 3rd party and when we contact 3rd party they say , it is some special integration with Google and the 3rd party.

We are stuck for more than 3 months now to complete the integration and launch the campaign.

Do you know what might be the issue in our case and have any suggestionto fix this issue?

Praveen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to add more point that this is for iOS campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,
we are confronting the same probelm I see,
Until today we did not resolve the issue of IOS Search Campiagns on Adwords .
The problem is to get Conversion notification into adwords console.

With Android there is no problem and with other types of IOS campiagns (like in app display networks) there is no problem.
I spoke with both Appsflyer and Hasoffer and they said that this is a Known Issue and they are working on resloving it. (Hasoffer spoake with me and said that it is resolved but we are working with appsflyer and when I see it resloved then I beleive.

If I have any news I will update you
Haim