AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Search Partner Impression share affects Search Network IS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Does Search Partner Impression Share / Impression Volume impact Search Impression Share on Google Search network?

I have 10k impressions/day on average from Search Partner network.

I opted out the Search Partner Network few days ago and the campaign has been experiencing a decline in Search Impression Share since then. 

Any ideas??

Thanks a lot.

Re: Search Partner Impression share affects Search Network IS?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Anh,

In your scenario, if the campaign is declining after opting out of Search Partners, it might be because of more competition on search network or your target audience tends to use search partner websites more.

Search Impression Share is calculated by the impressions you’ve received on the Search Network divided by the estimated number of impressions you were eligible to receive. So, opting out of Search Partners, will impact the impression share as well.

I would recommend to analyze the scenario in a longer time frame like for a longer time frame before concluding the results.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Anh N,

You are able to have a look at the problem in your account and see all the data yourself to help diagnose the problem.

Whatever level you are looking at (campaign, ad group, KW etc) go to the columns tab > competitive metrics > search impr. share and add the column.

This will give you a column showing your IS at your data level. If you then look at the drop down 2 to the left of columns called segment, you will find on this drop down an option for 'network (with search partners), select this option and now all you data will display an overall IS as well as your IS on the google search network and the partners search network.

This will tell you if your google IS is much lower than search partners IS and help you diagnose why your IS has dropped off.

Let us know if this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks guys, 

After monitoring for a while, Search Impression Share of the campaign is back on again. It seems like Search Partner Impression share has no impact on Search Network Impression share.

Cheers,

Anh