AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remove Currency from Reports

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do a weekly pull of data from AdWords with various metrics that I bring into Excel to consolidate.

However, when I try to auto-sum on the various cost fields it doesn't work because the report includes the currency characters before the number (so Excel doesn't recognize them as numbers).

Any ideas on how I can get the report to spit out the raw numbers with no formatting?

Re: Remove Currency from Reports

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi TripSpark,

Have you thought of exporting the data to .csv so you don't have to deal with formatting? Then you can always save as an excel format later on?

You can also do a Find and Replace for the Currency identifiers ($) and then change the number formats to numbers from general. Hope this helps.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey TripSpark, how are things?

This is a very common thing when downloading reports from adwords to excel.

As Jordan said, you should treat this directly inside excel. What I usually do is to copy and paste everything as values to make sure I can edit, and then removing the currency chars with Find & Replace, and later applying the currency from excel to those cells.

You can create a macro on excel to help you do that in case this is something regular for you. It will definitely help Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Jordan! That makes sense.