AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing showing zero impressions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I changed my bid strategy for remarketing campaign from Manual CPM to Manual CPC.
But since then, my campaign is showing zero impressions. Earlier it was generating over 1000 clicks in a day. List size is over 20K.

Could you please suggest reasons for the same.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remarketing showing zero impressions

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

When did you actually make this transition (i.e. from CPM to CPC model)?

Generally speaking, CPM model revolves around the Branding of your product/services. And your CPC model is meant to get the direct response of the audiences in terms of leads, sales etc..

Are you bidding competitive enough in terms of your CPC bid for your Remarketing campaign?

It might take sometime because you actually changed the strategy from scratch and you might have to bid little higher to compete.

I would really suggest you to read this help center reference where it is clearly explained which bidding strategy to be followed based on your advertising goals: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472725?hl=en

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankal, Thank you for the response. Transition was done 3 days back.
Even I thought low CPC might be the reason (which I'm sure, is not), how
come there are ZERO impressions all of a sudden.

Remarketing showing zero impressions

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj, Sorry for the delayed response. I changed setting from back to CPM and adwords started showing all the data. Still I could not understand the reason behind ZERO impressions while switching to CPC.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi nikanalytics ,

When you selected manual cpc did you also tick the option "Enhanced CPC" ? Sometimes I noticed delays of even 12 hours between changing bidding methods , but then impressions start serving.

Be careful with the CPM you will get mostly impressions and less clicks as the system avoids patterns  with a history of clicks , with the CPC the system shows your Ad mostly in auctions when a click has a chance of occuring. If you want more clicks I would suggest ticking the option "viewable CPM", the Ads gain more visibility this way.

The above statements are my personal opinion.