AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing for search Q

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys

Can anyone pls explain why the sizes of the display and search remarketing lists are so different?

I read in the help that "These sizes can be significantly different because there are two different types of cookies used to create these lists", but could not understand why.

Also, can I create search remarketing campaigns if I use the Analytics remarketing code?

Thanks

Naomi

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author naomi s
September 2015

Re: Remarketing for search Q

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Naomi,

At present the remarketing for search queries programme only works with a specific remarketing code (akin to remarketing in the early days) and it won't work with the Analytics code just yet.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

One more thing : the numbers may be so different because the feature has just been released, less than 30 days. You are comparing visitors from all your previous 30 days with those in the search campaigns from when the feature was activated.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Naomi,

At present the remarketing for search queries programme only works with a specific remarketing code (akin to remarketing in the early days) and it won't work with the Analytics code just yet.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

One more thing : the numbers may be so different because the feature has just been released, less than 30 days. You are comparing visitors from all your previous 30 days with those in the search campaigns from when the feature was activated.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just a quick follow-up to this: How is the list size for search generated? In other words, if a user hits one of our tagged pages, what distinguishes that user from being on the search or display list for remarketing?

Thanks!