AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Remarketing URL mismatch error using iframe

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've added the remarketing and conversion tags to both my website ("domain A") and the pages on the checkout domain ("domain B"), which are accessed via an iframe. Google Tag Assistant indicates the error 'Ref/URL GET param did not match with actual URL' on the remarketing tag which I understand is from the URL being passed from the ticketing page not matching my site's domain.

How do I configure the remarketing tag to work across both domains? I have Google Analytics cross-domain tracking and e-commerce conversion tracking set up and working as expected. It's only the remarketing tag that has the issue.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel M
October 2015

Re: Remarketing URL mismatch error using iframe

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Rachel,

Is the remarketing tag you have placed the one from the Shared Library in AdWords?

My first thought is that if your site traffic and ecommerce tracking is working well through Analytics, it would make sense to set up your remarketing audiences through Analytics as well, rather than implementing a new tag. If you could provide more details on the tags you're using that would be helpful!

Cassie

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rachel M
October 2015

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Rachel,

Is the remarketing tag you have placed the one from the Shared Library in AdWords?

My first thought is that if your site traffic and ecommerce tracking is working well through Analytics, it would make sense to set up your remarketing audiences through Analytics as well, rather than implementing a new tag. If you could provide more details on the tags you're using that would be helpful!

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cassie,

Thanks for your reply. You were correct, I didn't need the additional tag from AdWords. I just needed to make sure that my Analytics tag on the domain within the iframe included ga('require', 'displayfeatures');

I removed the additional AdWords remarketing tag from the iframed domain and now the tracking is working as expected via Analytics.

Thanks for the tip!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Rachel,

Great--glad you got it working!

Cassie