AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Question on Conversion Window for Remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With the new announcement of the default conversion window going from 30 day to 1 day for remarketing, is it simply a switch of a DEFAULT view, or is the ONLY view going to be just 1 day and no other timeline? I am unclear on whether I will still be able to see view-through conversions beyond one day.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3123169#vtc

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello, it should be just switch of a default view, but you will still be to set it back to whatever value you want.

Tomáš

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I think you will be able to manually edit the conversion window. Not sure though.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
March 2017

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Hello, it should be just switch of a default view, but you will still be to set it back to whatever value you want.

Tomáš

Re: Question on Conversion Window for Remarketing

Eva Rising Star
Rising Star
# 4
Eva Rising Star
Rising Star

Hi @DrugInfoAssn D

Based on information provided, they'll update just a default value. But you can also select a different window for view-through conversions, however,  this option is available only if you set your conversion with Adwords tracking tag (I cannot adjust windows for view-through conversions if my Goals have been imported from Analytics)conversion window.PNG

However, I feel like having 1-day window makes a perfect sense for view through conversions metric. Otherwise, information on attribution may be biased. 

Regards,
Eva

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to be clear, on view through conversions as well?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just to be clear, on view through conversions as well?

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

As I understand it, this only applies to view-through conversions:

"Starting March 29, 2017, we’re updating the default window for view-through conversions from 30 days to 1 day. This means only conversions that happen within 1 day of an ad impression will be reported as view-through conversions. This change applies to new and existing conversion actions that use the default window. If you already shortened the view-through conversion window for a conversion action, it won’t be affected by this change."

Tom