AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Question about impressions not connected to keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! 

I have a question regarding impressions. One of my ad groups shows alot of impressions (4132) in the "total all ad groups" column, why is that? The impressions doesnt seem to be connected with my keywords in the ad group. Pictures attached!

Thanks, Oskar 

Skärmavbild 2016-01-26 kl. 16.14.34.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: Question about impressions not connected to keywords

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Oskar, how are things?

As mentioned by David, make sure that your information is set to "All keywords" at the upper left filter near the tabs. This will make sure to show all keywords from that group, instead of just the active ones that may trick you analysis.

Also, make sure that this campaigns is not running for Display also. This can sum display impressions with your Search Impressions, since display doesn't necessary need keywords to work. If that's the case, I'd recommend for you to create separated campaigns for Search and Display, since they require different optimizations, and you can keep track of them much more easily.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

@Oskar G

The first total is usually "All but removed keywords"  The second total is as you said "all ad group."  Did you remove a lot of keywords from the adgroup? 
If not, could it be you are running Search with Display Select, and those extra clicks and impressions are from the Display Network?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Oskar, how are things?

As mentioned by David, make sure that your information is set to "All keywords" at the upper left filter near the tabs. This will make sure to show all keywords from that group, instead of just the active ones that may trick you analysis.

Also, make sure that this campaigns is not running for Display also. This can sum display impressions with your Search Impressions, since display doesn't necessary need keywords to work. If that's the case, I'd recommend for you to create separated campaigns for Search and Display, since they require different optimizations, and you can keep track of them much more easily.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey! In sure this is the problem. I will create a Search network only campaign and see if its solved...thanks!! //Oskar Skickat från min iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Forgive this newbie question, which might be a repeat of the previous.

So in my case, my numbers look like this...

screenshot-76.pngMy numbers

I'm clear that the first number (9) is clicks I got thru overt searches.  I would think that the remaining 34 clicks (43 - 9 = 34) came from the search partners.  

But I don't see that said so anywhere.  Nor which websites the clicks are coming from.  The various screens and reports seem to pick one number or the other to focus on...so I want to find out the demographics or locales of my 43 clicks, but the bar chart only does a breakdown of the 9.  

I saw your advice to make two campaigns to keep these apart, but I would appreciate any help in understanding how to drill into the 34.

Many thanks,

-Tom