AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Please Help: An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All,

I am also experiencing this error but despite reading posts related to similar issues, I have not found a solution. I believe that the issue may be related to my code through which I am trying to call the Google conversion event when the user clicks a form submit button. I would really appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable than I could look at the code and tell me where I went wrong.

The page is at www.testserver2.co.za.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence K
May 2017

Re: Please Help: An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I see,

First, you need to confirm if you selected "clicks" instead of "page load" in your tag configurations in Adwords.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.18.39 AM.png

Secondly, you will need to add an "onclick" demand to your submit button element.

• <input id="submit" name="submit" onClick="goog_report_conversion" type="submit" value="Send" class="btn   btn-md">

Read this article. It completely breaks down how you should setup your event based conversion tracking. Track Clicks On Your Website As Conversions

Let me know if that helps? I am more familiar with setting up these event based triggers in Tag Manager. If you're not yet familiar with that tool then I highly suggest you dive into that system for implementing complex event tracking. I can give you more guidance on that implementation if this "onclick" integration isn't fluid.

View solution in original post

Re: Please Help: An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lawrence K,

Google Tag Assistant is displaying a "no http response detected" after form submission. Which means Google is detecting your tag but the script itself is not executing. This is an event conversion type and I don't see any specific event listeners attributed to the submit form button. How have you setup this tag to fire? Also, look at my screenshot and confirm if this is the form you are trying to track after submitting?

Screen Shot 2017-05-15 at 10.50.10 AM.png

Please Help: An error occured while the tag was fired: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, based off this topic subject line: "An error occurred while the tag was fired: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED", double check your ad blockers/firewall or any other extensions that could be prompting this error. Usually this error is caused by anti virus programs or anything configured in your browser/computer that is conflicting with the website.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Cameron R,

thank you for the reply!

Yes, that is the form I'd like to track I don't have any AV/Firewall blocking but I think the issue might be with the way I am calling the event. The code I am using is:

document.getElementById("submit").onclick = function() {goog_report_conversion()};

So what I'd like to do is to call goog_report_conversion() when the user clicks the form's send button.

Thanks,

L

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lawrence K
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I see,

First, you need to confirm if you selected "clicks" instead of "page load" in your tag configurations in Adwords.

Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 10.18.39 AM.png

Secondly, you will need to add an "onclick" demand to your submit button element.

• <input id="submit" name="submit" onClick="goog_report_conversion" type="submit" value="Send" class="btn   btn-md">

Read this article. It completely breaks down how you should setup your event based conversion tracking. Track Clicks On Your Website As Conversions

Let me know if that helps? I am more familiar with setting up these event based triggers in Tag Manager. If you're not yet familiar with that tool then I highly suggest you dive into that system for implementing complex event tracking. I can give you more guidance on that implementation if this "onclick" integration isn't fluid.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Lawrence K,

Any follow up on this issue? It seems to be firing correctly for me and I am not receiving any net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED and a http request is being detected after the form button is being submitted....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Cameron,

thank you for the follow up. I managed to edit the code in a way that fires
the event.

Thanks again for your help.

Regards
Lawrence

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Cameron R,

I am sorry for troubling you again. I am seeing conversions on AdWords reports but the client says that they are not receiving any enquiries. Would you perhaps be kind enough to check if the conversion code fires at the correct point i.e. when the form submit button on https://shammahgamelodge.co.za/shammah/#contact-us is clicked?

I know that I am asking a big favour but I would be ever so grateful if you were able to help.

Best,

Lawrence

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Lawrence K,

It looks like it is firing and an http request is being initiated after the submit button is clicked. Where is this email list dumping? They aren't getting email submissions from this form?

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 10.15.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-31 at 10.16.12 AM.png