AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Call Conversion Tracking Redirect Issue

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

We have setup call from website conversion tracking on a number of accounts with great success. There is one account which has a redirect issue.

We install the tracking code as per any other site https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095883?hl=en&authuser=0#gfn.

Every time the GWCM cookie is created by any call to _googWcmGet. The next page load regardless if it is the home page, sub page or visiting later on it results in ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS redirect crash.

Only by clearing the cookies will the page be loaded again and then it repeats the same process.

The only difference between this site and the other sites we have installed the tracking code on is that it has an SSL certificate.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem or are there any Google employees who can assist us.

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin N
February 2017

Re: Phone Call Conversion Tracking Redirect Issue

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for sending me in the right direction Moshe, I've discovered there is an issue with the new call conversion tracking code.

//OLD CODE (WORKING)
<script type="text/javascript">
(function(a,e,c,f,g,b,d){var h={ak:"**ID**",cl:"**ID**"};a[c]=a[c]||function(){(a[c].q=a[c].q||[]).push(arguments)};a[f]||(a[f]=h.ak);b=e.createElement(g);b.async=1;b.src="//www.gstatic.com/wcm/loader.js";d=e.getElementsByTagName(g)[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d);a._googWcmGet=function(b,d,e){a[c](2,b,h,d,null,new Date,e)}})(window,document,"_googWcmImpl","_googWcmAk","script");
</script>

//NEW CODE (NOT WORKING)
(function(a,e,c,f,g,h,b,d){var k={ak:"**ID**",cl:"**ID**"};a[c]=a[c]||function(){(a[c].q=a[c].q||[]).push(arguments)};a[g]||(a[g]=k.ak);b=e.createElement(h);b.async=1;b.src="//www.gstatic.com/wcm/loader.js";d=e.getElementsByTagName(h)[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d);a[f]=function(b,d,e){a[c](2,b,k,d,null,new Date,e)};a[f]()})(window,document,"_googWcmImpl","_googWcmGet","_googWcmAk","script");
</script>

If anyone else stumbles upon this using your ak: and cl: ID's from the new code paste them into the old code replacing **ID** (including asterisks).

Hopefully Google see this post or are aware of the issue to be resolved. We spent many hours and clicks on our ad testing the code.

View solution in original post

Phone Call Conversion Tracking Redirect Issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I had the same issue. It's a code issue (updating a site code to the newer version of Chrome)  

Check with the site developer.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Moshe, thanks for the reply.

Did you end up resolving the issue? Sorry I'm not sure I understand?

Is it a code issue with Chrome or the website? I am the website developer.

Thanks.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Justin N
February 2017

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for sending me in the right direction Moshe, I've discovered there is an issue with the new call conversion tracking code.

//OLD CODE (WORKING)
(function(a,e,c,f,g,b,d){var h={ak:"**ID**",cl:"**ID**"};a[c]=a[c]||function(){(a[c].q=a[c].q||[]).push(arguments)};a[f]||(a[f]=h.ak);b=e.createElement(g);b.async=1;b.src="//www.gstatic.com/wcm/loader.js";d=e.getElementsByTagName(g)[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d);a._googWcmGet=function(b,d,e){a[c](2,b,h,d,null,new Date,e)}})(window,document,"_googWcmImpl","_googWcmAk","script");
</script>

//NEW CODE (NOT WORKING)
(function(a,e,c,f,g,h,b,d){var k={ak:"**ID**",cl:"**ID**"};a[c]=a[c]||function(){(a[c].q=a[c].q||[]).push(arguments)};a[g]||(a[g]=k.ak);b=e.createElement(h);b.async=1;b.src="//www.gstatic.com/wcm/loader.js";d=e.getElementsByTagName(h)[0];d.parentNode.insertBefore(b,d);a[f]=function(b,d,e){a[c](2,b,k,d,null,new Date,e)};a[f]()})(window,document,"_googWcmImpl","_googWcmGet","_googWcmAk","script");
</script>

If anyone else stumbles upon this using your ak: and cl: ID's from the new code paste them into the old code replacing **ID** (including asterisks).

Hopefully Google see this post or are aware of the issue to be resolved. We spent many hours and clicks on our ad testing the code.