AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Omniture and Adwords Tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Very new to Omniture so don't know much.

Can someone help me on below questions:-

a.) What parameters i need to put in my Final URL or Customer Parameters in Adwords to track the necessary in Omniture.

b.) If there any conversion happens through Adwords campaign can i get that tracked through Omniture Goal "called" Targets?

For instance: Same as we do in Google Analytics by selecting the campaign and see how many goal has been converted?

Regards,

Vineet Waldia

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Omniture and Adwords Tracking

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi there,

I'd suggest checking with Omniture if they provide any support for the upgrade. This is because tools like Doubleclick Search support URL upgrade, hence the upgrade happens from Doubleclick/Omniture and not AdWords. Logically this would be easier and efficient, as each tool works differently when it comes to URL management and each client/account may have different requirements for tracking, based on what data they'd like to see and how.

You can track piggyback AdWords conversion tracking code with Omniture's code and paste it in the "thank you" page to ensure both tags fire when a conversion happens. This way you can track conversions in both the tools. Omniture should be able to help you with this as well.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: Omniture and Adwords Tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Sumanth, thanks for your reply, my concern was related to normal tagging.

Since Omniture doesn't read utm parameter, so what it requires to marry the data between adwords and omniture.

Once solution i have is putting ?src={parameter} , if you have any please share.