AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Offline sales and revenue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to measure the full accurate picture of what happens to a customer after they call my google extension on my ad's or the conversion number on my website. I know that you can measure what happens if they submit a form through the GCLID. It can easily integrate with salesforce if you prepare the right fields and you can later import your closed sales into Adwords. I get that. However what do you do when they call without submitting a form? How do you get the GCLID how do you upload those sales into Adwords so you can get a true ROI not just a, "hey we have a call so its a conversion". 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Offline sales and revenue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi M
Unfortunately, this isn't possible yet. At least not in a way that you can tie the external conversion back to the call with a value. There are MANY third party platforms and services that offer this functionality but all are paid. Some quite expensive.

You can do this yourself by tying back the call duration, number and location to a conversion or transaction in GA but this is manual for the most part and doesn't scale well if you've lots of call conversions.

This is the next logical step for the call tracking feature and the infrastructure has been put in place in AdWords and GA. I would imagine that we'll see it natively at some point.

Might be worth noting that some CRM systems and marketing automation solutions offer this level of tracking. Salesforce (people still use that?) does not though.

Sorry I haven't got a more positive answer for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi M
Unfortunately, this isn't possible yet. At least not in a way that you can tie the external conversion back to the call with a value. There are MANY third party platforms and services that offer this functionality but all are paid. Some quite expensive.

You can do this yourself by tying back the call duration, number and location to a conversion or transaction in GA but this is manual for the most part and doesn't scale well if you've lots of call conversions.

This is the next logical step for the call tracking feature and the infrastructure has been put in place in AdWords and GA. I would imagine that we'll see it natively at some point.

Might be worth noting that some CRM systems and marketing automation solutions offer this level of tracking. Salesforce (people still use that?) does not though.

Sorry I haven't got a more positive answer for you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
M - I have helped a handful of local companies here in Utah get this set up. I set up the gclid tracking and then the automated pulls from Salesforce into Adwords with both form fill and calls - no need for manual exports and imports. Yes I do partner with a 3rd party on the calls but the one I use is fairly cheap. Happy to talk more in detail if you like.