AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Offline Conversion [Conversion date cannot precede the click date]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to upload a CSV with conversions, but it's giving me error on all 9 conversions "Conversion date cannot precede the click date"

I've tried playing with the timezone, as the advertiser is located in a different time zone, (GMT +1 vs GMT +2) but this didn't help. 

Any ideas here? 

Thnx

Re: Offline Conversion [Conversion date cannot precede the click date]

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Rachel,

Welcome to the AdWords Community. This video should address your question.

If you still need help, do not hesitate to reply here. 

Best,

Mini

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi there,

I too am running into this issue, and the above posted video does not address the problem. Does anyone who has encountered this issue have a workable solution?

I agree with OP that the time zone may be to blame. Most of my conversions occur quite early in the AM all over the world, so its reasonable to assume that the dates might have gotten mixed up in this way.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi all,

I think your right on the time zone. I just fixed the problem by setting the time as 23:59:59 for any conversions that couldn't get through. Its a work around more than a solution but if its not crucial to get the accurate time of conversion in your reports and you can handle just knowing the day then it should work.

James.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Rachael

Use the AdWords account time zone and check. and give all different hours of a day (24 hours) for each gclid. It should work. I solved it doing the same

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Was running into the same issue. Realized that I had my date set as "01/01/15" instead of "01/01/2015". Once I updated to 2015, all worked fine.

Offline Conversion [Conversion date cannot precede the click date]

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rachel,

I know you've asked your question 4 years ago, but as I've faced the same situation today and ended up here, I might not be the last one.

After searching over and over again, I saw the timestamps attributed by the CRM and the conversion time on AdWords were not the same, they were, actually, using two different timezones. The CRM was using +0000 and AdWords +0100. So, instead of using AdWords' timezone in the upload sheet, I should have used the CRM one. Now it works all fine !

I hope this answer will help.

Have a good day !

Thibaut Massinon.