AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

No tracking of Search Conversions for Mobile App

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

We're running a campaign for a mobile app on Search and the GDN. However, we only seem to get conversions for the GDN campaign only. Our conversions are 'downloads' of the app, not actual in-app purchases. The app is also free.
The Search campaign gets a lot of clicks for it to now show any downloads. I've read here that the mobile app installs as conversions are not available for Search campaigns, however, this was a bit dated and now sure what holds true at the moment.

Couldn't find any Google source specifically stating something about search other than this, https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095881.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: No tracking of Search Conversions for Mobile App

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for posting to the Community. The AdWords Help Center is up-to-date and conversion tracking is currently not available for Mobile App Install campaigns on Search.

Sorry for any confusion,

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Cassie, thanks for the clarification.

However, this is a bit confusing since in the last week we've seen a total of 4 conversions recorded for said SEARCH campaign which is for mobile app installs (app downloads). Why is that so? Is it being rolled out now?
Thanks for your help!

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Andreas,

No plans to launch this yet that I know of! I can't say for sure without seeing your account, but you should be able to drill down into this by segmenting by Conversions > Conversion Name. Then you can check how you've set up that conversion action in Tools > Conversions to find out what exactly is being tracked.

Hope this helps,
Cassie