AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

My Credit Card account has been hacked by Google

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

An amount of Rs.29,826.98/- (9,500,000.00 VND) towards M/s. GOOGLEADWS6513813576CCGOOGLECOMSG has been debited from my CITI Indian Oil credit card but I don't know anything about Googleadw and I have no account.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

It might be that someone has used your credit details for adwords.

Regards,

Manish

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My problem has not been solved till date and moreover I have not received any communication from your end also.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @rana c,

Chances are the post above by @Manish Chahar is probably correct and there is not much Google can do in such situations. You'll of course get an answer later on from the company but it will not stop a continued misuse of your credit card. You are advised to keep your payment info safe and/or contact your bank and put a ban on the existing CC and ask for a new one.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: My Credit Card account has been hacked by Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
But what is the responsibility of Google? Any Tom [censored] or Harry can use
their name9Goodwill) and hack anybody?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @rana c,

If someone else misused your payment info that's an instance of criminal behavior and you should turn to the police in the jurisdiction where you reside. (If you lost your CC, you should have reported it to your bank.) Chances are you may get a reimbursement from the bank after a court verdict ruled that your card was misused. Maybe a bit earlier if you reported a lost card before it was misused for payment or if the CC was insured against theft. 

A lot depends on local laws and regulations, therefore you are advised to seek advice from a legal practitioner in case you are not satisfied with the above said. 

Honestly, I cannot see much responsibility at Google's side. If you've filed a complaint, chances are that - after some investigation - they will put a flag on your payment info so it will not be misused again. Otherwise it'd resemble a scenario where someone steals your money in the street, buys some food and you'd like to make the street vendor responsible. No, you should of course report the case to the police first and let them catch the thief.

Best,

Lakatos

Re: My Credit Card account has been hacked by Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I don't know what is your authority to reply on behalf of Google. However
what is legal I have tried that. Only wanted to know how some body can
purchase anything in the name of Google. I want to know only what google is
doing to save their good will

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Just to be precise, I am not replying in the name of Google as you put it. It is an open forum where any registered member can ask questions or comment queries.

Lakatos