AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multi-language website tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

My website recently launched sub-folders to support multi-language using the following URL structure:

www.example.com/es

www.example.com/it

www.example.com/fr

I created in Google Analytics new views under the current profile and added filters on the URLs. I used this tutorial from Google Analytics to set it up. Tried to include a screenshot of the filter configuration but this messaging tool doesn't allow me (invalid HTML error).

So far the new views are not showing traffic data even though the new sub-folders are receiving traffic when I check in the main view and then filter URLs containing "/es" with a simple regex. 

Please any help is more than welcome.

Thanks!

Markus

Re: Multi-language website tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
if you can't attach a screen shot can you write the *exact* configuration of your filters?
I presume you did something wrong there.

Also mention other filters that these views may have.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mihai,

Thanks for the response. I'm sharing with you a link to a Google Drive doc containing the screenshot. Hope this works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2jFAUtHIzcnMWZPYzB2YzBCVnc/view

Markus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Markus, is this now working proprely for you? I'm starting with my website in other languages and will configure the Analytics soon, I still dont know if is the best option to create Views os new Proprieties (the problem with Proprieties is that when the user changes da language it also change the tracking, I inclined to use Views).