AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mid-Roll placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I understand ads can run before (pre), during (mid), or after (post) a video. Is there a way to specifically target mid-roll? Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Mid-Roll placement

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Candice J,

While indeed some of the documentation suggests otherwise (and there could be some very specific buys available), I've only encountered pre-roll ads available via TrueView in-stream campaigns.

I'm not aware of any current options to target/choose when the ad can appear during a video.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Mid-Roll placement

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I further confirmed with my rep: Though mid-roll ads do appear during longer videos on YouTube, there is currently no way to specify serving via pre-roll vs. mid-roll.