AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Longer headline - but how?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

since I made some changes in my campaign on January 11 it was not working ?

I mean before January 11 I used to get about 60000 impressions daily and since about 200 !

Do I have to wait some days or did I make something wrong?

Re: Longer headline - but how?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner
Peter,

hard to determine exactly what your questions are based on the limited information provided, but let me try.

Longer Headline -
Your ad consists of 3 lines, the Title, description 1 and description 2. To create a longer headline in which most cases is the Title and Description 1 appearing on the same line, all you need to so is add a period ( . ) at the end of Description line 1. This will make the Title and the description line one appear as one long line or Longer Headline.

60K impression daily before change, now 200 -

Normally a change in impressions like this would be based on the change of a match type. If you changed from Broad Match or Broad Match Modifier to a more restrictive match type of Exact Match, that would definitely have effects on the amount of impressions, because broad match takes into account many possibilities or expanded keyword terms added to the search query which your Broad match term could win the ad auction.

Also if you added a large amount of negative keywords, or even just a few negative keywords that are now restricting your ads from showing. This however would be considered a positive move, as you have added irrelevant terms to be excluded.

Impressions in all honesty is not the "factor" you should be looking at to judge your campaign success. Rather you should be looking at clicks that convert, quality score, CTR and even Lost Impression share or Lost IS Rank.

You can look back through your account history to see what changes you made, or compare an apples to apples. but since you made changes one would assume for a positive move, the reduction of impressions is not an indication that your changes were bad. Review your history for those changes and just double check that you understand why you made your changes.

Hope that helps, if I didn't cover your questions correctly, please reply with more details so that I or others can help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I would like to get back to my previous parameters on January 11th. How can I do this ?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Peter,

This should help:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454137

Good Luck

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Undo changes in your account history, that will restore everything quick and easily.

Thanks