AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Location and ip tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I count conversion by receiving phone call.I see 16 clicks on yesterday but there is no single phone call. How can I know if there is any fake clicking or how can I know actually who or from where it is clicked on my ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location and ip tracking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi @M A H,
I've moved this post over to the AdWords Community from Google Small Business so that someone there can offer some guidance.
Thanks

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Use

Segment > Click Type

to see the type of clicks.

For IP tracking, you can use a third party service to capture the IP of AdWords visitors to your site. There isn't a way of determining the IP address of people clicking to call in your ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Not every click leads to a conversion. 16 clicks is a very small sample size.
Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Ms Lizz. I talked with Mr Farhan, member of Google Singapore Office. The guy explained all my asking nicely in my native language. This is a great service from Google Adword Team.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi RobSkelton, I am using wordpress site. Do you know how to see the ip addresses from WordPress log file?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
For IP addresses you need a 3rd party solution, combined with adding tracking code to your ads. That's the only way you can isolate clicks that came from paid ads.

Location and ip tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I HAVE OVER 30 CLICKS A DAY I AM QUITE POSITIVE THAT MY COMPETITORS ARE CLICKING  MY GOOGLE ADWORDS TO DRIVE UP MY COST  HOW CAN I STOP THIS?  DO I GET AN IP TRACKING SOFTWARE? I KNOW YOU CAN EXCLUDE IP ADDRESSES IN GOOGLE ANALYTICS. HOW DO I TRACE THESE OFFENDERS?

Location and ip tracking

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi John,

The only way to get the IP addresses of offenders is via a 3rd party solution. There are many to choose from, although Click Cease seems to be the only one that will automatically add IP exclusions to your AdWords account.