AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Linking AdWords and Analytics-Problem with missing Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I'm trying to link Google Analytics with an AdWords account - both have the same email address and have Admin rights. The problem I'm having is when I get to the screen that says "We need a couple of details..." - I choose the Auto-tag choice, but then for the Analytics profiles, there are none that are listed - does anyone know why this is? As a result, the data shows up as "not set" in analytics.

Thanks!

Erin

Re: Linking AdWords and Analytics-Problem with missing Profile

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Erin,
Welcome to adwords community,
To Link with your adwords or Analytics account, you need to follow these steps:

Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Tools and Analysis tab on top of the page, then click Google Analytics.
Click the Admin tab at the top right of the page.
If you're already in a profile (e.g., viewing reports), after you click Admin, you have to navigate back up to the account level: either up to the account for the current profile, or further up to Account Home so you can select a different account.
Click the account you want to link with the AdWords account.
Click the Data Sources tab.
Click the AdWords tab, then click Link Accounts. (See the screenshot given below).

Select the Analytics profiles in which you want the AdWords data to be available.
Click Continue.
Your accounts should now be linked. Note: In order for Analytics to be able to attribute visits to specific AdWords campaigns, you also need to import your AdWords cost data to the relevant Analytics profile.
Once you did same thing. You can see your data with in 24 hours.

Hope this helps!

Re: Linking AdWords and Analytics-Problem with missing Profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This does not help. My issue is with the analytics profiles.