AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Use Google Ads conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Large discrepancy in numbers within the same campaign

TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On the "Campaigns" tab, the "Ads" tab shows different numbers than the other tabs (Ad Groups, Keywords and Dimensions, which all three give identical numbers). A far as I can see, all the parameters are the same. The differences are really huge. No idea how long this has been going on... And no idea why...

TTW

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Large discrepancy in numbers within the same campaign

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi TTW,

Welcome to the community.

There is a delay in the stats in your AdWords account so you will get this kind of difference if you are looking at the stats for today.

What date range are you looking at?

TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi purefuzz, thanks for your reply!

I have the same problem with any date range.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi TTW,

This is just a shot in the dark, but is the selection on the Ads tab same as the other tabs. The first option on the top is a drop down that says:

• All ads
  • All enabled
  • All but deleted

Would it be possible for you to post some screenshots of this? You can only show the stats and block out any identifiable information from the images. It'd help us take a look first hand at the issue you're facing.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi TTW,

Forgive me if I am way off base here. I'm guessing it is the percentages that are all different, not really impressions or clicks on each ad.

When your a looking at all campaigns and select the Ads tab, the percentages shown are across all campaigns and ad groups. After selecting a campaign, the ads tab will show percentages across all ad groups within the campaign. After selecting one ad group, the percentages are only for that group.

I was a little confused the first time I saw that, too.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nikhil,

Yes, the selection is the same on all 4 tabs.

The discrepancy between the Ads tab and the other three remains no matter which of the three possible selections I choose.

I will post some screenshots asap.

TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

You are forgiven ;-)

It's actually all the numbers, incl. impressions and clicks.

TTW

TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nikhil,

I've been trying to find out how to post screenshots... I'm on a learning curve, here Smiley Embarassed

Any suggestions?

TTW

TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
TTW
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete,

I actually only looked at the graphs on the different tabs (stupid). I just discovered that the numbers in the tables are identical on all the tabs.

It's just the graph on the "Ads" tab that doesn't fit the numbers. If I "mouse over" each day of a period and add up e.g. the impressions and the clicks, I only get around half of the actual activity. But the table on the ads tab shows the same numbers as the tables and graphs on the other tabs.

Hope this is clear...

TTW

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi TTW,

OK, then, that's a completely different matter. I have never done that, manually add up what is shown in the graph. I'll have to check that out.. I wonder if there is some sort of filter on the graph data.

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords